Herman Bomback Announces Autumn Baseball League Update, Registration, Eligibility Information
I saw this post on my Facebook page and wanted to share the entire post. It is from Autumn Baseball League Commissioner Herman Bomback. Bomback has run the ABL for over 20 years now and the league has expanded its reach to three states (RI, MA, CT). I attended a number of games last fall and they were very competitive, exciting baseball games. Here is the entire post from Herman copied and pasted along with links and email for more information:
ATTENTION ALL BASEBALL COACHES:
WELCOME TO THE ABL WHERE, “IF IT’S COMPETITIVE BASEBALL YOU WANT THEN THE BALL DROPS HERE, THE ABL.”
NEW TEAMS! Discover the ABL; a league established in the year 2000 and now has expanded into 3 states (MA, RI & CT).
NOTE: send all emails to AutumnBaseballLeague@live.com
AGE CUTOFF DATES FOR 2022:
***APRIL 1ST IS THE AGE CUTOFF DATE.
- 8u (46/60) ~ players becoming 9 on or after April 1 are eligible; USA Certified bats or wood bats
- 9u (46/60) ~ players becoming 10 on or after April 1 are eligible; USA Certified bats or wood bats
- 10u (46/60) ~players becoming 11 on or after April 1 are eligible; USA Certified bats or wood bats
- 11u (50/70) ~ players becoming 12 on or after April 1 are eligible; USA Certified bats or wood bats
- 12u (50/70) ~ players becoming 13 on or after April 1 are eligible; USA Certified bats or wood bats
- 12u (60/90) ~ players becoming 13 on or after April 1 are eligible;; USA Certified bats, BBCOR bats or wood bats
- 13u (60/90) ~ players becoming 14 on or after April 1 are eligible; Wood Bats
- 14u (60/90) ~ players becoming 15 on or after April 1 are eligible; Wood Bats
- 16u (60/90) ~ players becoming 17 on or after April 1 are eligible; Wood Bats
- 18u (60/90) ~ players becoming 19 on or after April 1 are eligible; Wood Bats
- 18+ (60/90) – no age cutoff date. ; Wood Bats.
Some of the ABL rules are unique allowing players to have more playing time.
- A league with structure and governance.
- A league with a competitive regular season as well as a very competitive post season which the ABL World Series is scheduled into November.
- A league with an average regular schedule of 16 to 18 games plus post season games.
- Post season playoffs consists of mainly 2 of 3 series however, 3 of 5 and 4 of 7 series games had been scheduled, depending on the situation.
- A league which allows teams to have open rosters for the first half of the season followed by teams submitting their rosters for the second half. Only players on rosters in the 2nd half submitted are allow to legally play.
With the stiff competition during the entire season, players play to win, and they learn how to win as well as learning how to accept defeat. Only the winners of the WORLD SERIES GAMES receive the coveted ABL Championship Ring…
REGISTER NOW BY GOING TO THE WEBSITE WHERE YOU CAN COPY AND PASTE THE FORMS NEEDED THEN PLEASE FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS. SIGN AND DATE WHERE INDICATED.
- Forms: REGISTRATION FORM, PARENT WAIVER, & MEDICAL RELEASE FORM
- LINKS TO COPY AND PASTE REGISTRATION FORMS:
- REGISTRATION >>>http://autumnbaseballleague.com/id17.html
- PARENT WAIVER >>>http://autumnbaseballleague.com/id33.html
- MEDICAL RELEASE >>> http://autumnbaseballleague.com/id15.html
Thank you and the ABL hopes to facilitate your team this Fall season.
Herman Bomback, Commissioner
508 496 7371
Baseball Parks, Fields, and Complexes rhode island interscholastic sports Youth Baseball News autumn baseball league baseball baseball field community fall baseball high school local rhode island sports tournament youth sports
theribbe View All →
The RIBBE is The Rhode Island Baseball Experience. It is promoting the game of baseball here in the great state of Rhode Island for the entire baseball world to see. The RIBBE is positive stories, photos, videos, and responsible social media posts. The RIBBE is an information resource for families looking for an AAU team or a summer camp or a great place to buy a first baseman’s mitt. The RIBBE is a network of coaches, tournament directors, parents, leagues, and baseball junkies whose passion of the game of baseball is unquestioned. I believe that providing expert analysis, information and directions to ballfields, and coaching advice from some of the top RI baseball minds will help promote the game of baseball here in RI to a whole new level.
Leave a Reply