Ocean State Wave’s “Bark In The Park” Set For July 21
The Ocean State Waves, one of Rhode Island’s New England College Baseball League (NECBL) teams, has tons of great promotional events all summer long. These events happen during home games at Old Mountain Field and feature local businesses in the Rhode Island area. One such event coming up, “Bark in the Park,” caught my eye as a baseball fan and a dog lover.
Bark in the Park is being hosted by Benny and Jack of Wakefield, RI as well as the Ocean State Waves. Benny and Jack is a Pet Supply & Resource Store, Self Dog Wash, Full Service Grooming and Obedience Training Center located in Wakefield, Rhode Island and online at www.bennyandjack.com. The game is versus fellow Rhode Island NECBL team the Newport Gulls and is set for Saturday, July 21st at the Waves home field of Old Mountain Field, Wakefield. Game time is 6:30 pm. According to the event page on Facebook, “FREE admission for families who bring their dogs. Each dog will go home with a gift bag full of goodies! The Benny and Jack mobile market will make an appearance!” You can learn more about the event by clicking this link – Bark in the Park.
I reached out to Benny and Jack owner, Rachel Bilow, about the event and asked her for some tips for fans interested in the Bark in the Park event. Specifically, about the safety of their pets and for the other fans attending the game. Here is more from Benny and Jack owner, Rachel Bilow:
- Bring your dog(s) and admission to the Bark in the Park is FREE!
- Consider whether your dog will be comfortable at an event with a lot of people, other dogs and noise. If your dog doesn’t like strangers or noise, it may not be the best event for them because they may be uncomfortable.
- All dogs must be on leash – preferably a non-retractable leash. Retractable leashes make it more difficult to have control of your dog and keep them close by.
- Keep your dog on a short leash at all times and be aware of everything going on around you. You are your dog’s advocate. It’s very easy for a dog to feel uncomfortable or overwhelmed.
- Not all dogs are comfortable interacting with other dogs or people. It is best to ask the owner if you or your dog can say hi before approaching them.
- Bring water for your dog to be sure they are well hydrated. Bring a towel or mat for them to lay on and find a shady spot.
Thanks for those tips, Rachel. We hope everyone will keep them in mind for the Bark in the Park event. Saturday, July 21st at 6:30 for the Waves vs. Gulls baseball game.
If you would like to learn more about from Benny and Jack owner Rachel Bilow, please see her contact information below:
Owner, Benny and Jack
577 Kingstown Road
Wakefield, RI 02879
theribbe View All →
The RIBBE is The Rhode Island Baseball Experience. It is promoting the game of baseball here in the great state of Rhode Island for the entire baseball world to see. The RIBBE is positive stories, photos, videos, and responsible social media posts. The RIBBE is an information resource for families looking for an AAU team or a summer camp or a great place to buy a first baseman’s mitt. The RIBBE is a network of coaches, tournament directors, parents, leagues, and baseball junkies whose passion of the game of baseball is unquestioned. I believe that providing expert analysis, information and directions to ballfields, and coaching advice from some of the top RI baseball minds will help promote the game of baseball here in RI to a whole new level.
Leave a Reply